Seiji and I taught the conversation club together as both of our first experiences within an ESL setting. The flexibility of this class was nice. It provided a nice segue into teaching for us as we could do the lesson on a multitude of subjects with a variety of objectives. We decided we would direct the students through a language lesson that would flow through the discourse of hobbies. This was interesting for us as we were able to learn lots about individual students and cultural aspects of their lives. We ushered the students through a variety of prompts to push them to open up about themselves. The students were participatory but Seiji and I would call on them individually. After reflecting on the lesson I wish that we were able to link the students and ideas better together. Unfortunately, as we would finish with one student answering we would immediately move on to the same question just with another student. We could have facilitated a more conversation-oriented dialogue by asking students to respond in some way to the previous student etc. As students we, or atleast I enjoy when my instructors use this sort of dialogue continuation between students so I was aware of it but was not able to facilitate it as I had hoped. I could credit this to my lack of experience or anxiety on calling on students or just not knowing how to initiate this type of conversation. I hope in the near future as I become more comfortable I will be able to facilitate a free-flowing classroom where students share with each other and I merely connect them together. The lesson generally went well and I felt confident about my speaking and slides but we did not have any distinct objective since this was a conversation club class. Due to this I was unable to gauge whether my lesson had been useful. If I were to teach this class again I would ensure it was more conversation between students focused rather than Seiji or I commenting and replying to each individual student. Overall I was happy with my teaching for a first time but I struggle with not knowing what the students would retain from it. However, I do know they understand what a hobby is and so due to our teaching they now have the ability to discuss with other English speakers about hobbies and the discourse that surrounds that.